Desiccated Coconut is available in two general types: Granulated and Special. Classified as Granulated cuts are the Medium, Fine or Macaroon and Extra Fine. Special cuts are the Flake, Fancy Shred and Chips.
- Granulated Cuts
- Medium – is utilized in many baked products and cereal or granola applications.
- Macaroon or Fine – is used in many cookies, biscuits, candies and other baked products.
- Extra Fine – performs best in cookie, biscuit and food sanding applications.
- Special Cuts
- Flakes – is used in sweetened form as decorative cake topping and as batter for baked or fried seafood.
- Fancy Shred – is likewise used in baked products as decorative topping.
- Regular chips – works well as an ingredient in trail mixes and granolas.
- Raw thick chips – is also used in trail mixes and as distinct ingredient in breakfast cereal mixes.