Through the ensuing years and in the hands of FBI’s and FFII’s management team, well-trained production staff and zealous workforce, the manufacturing capabilities and other areas of operations of both companies have increased. Major improvements and expansion took place along with the installation of modern facilities to ensure steady supply of superior quality products to the companies’ customers.
These expansion and improvement of facilities required a significant increase in the level of efficiency in all phases of FBI’s and FFII’s operations, ushering in further changes. An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) computer-based system designed to match the increased interaction and flow of information was installed, thus improving management decision making at all levels. Reorganization and training programs, both in the technical and specialized fields, were also initiated to increase the companies’ level of service.
Today, FBI and FFII showcase the transformation of Medina Plant from being a traditional processed coconut mill to becoming an integrated, multi-line, multi-product food manufacturing facility. Both companies will continue to provide products and services of international standards by strengthening linkages with distributors and agents and through the following:
- the companies’ integrated and most diversified coconut factory in the country, utilizing many alternative food processing technologies in food dehydration, spray drying and UHT processing, supported by a full R&D program for product applications and process design and improvements
- a reliable coconut buying program, nurtured by relationships with farmers and dealers and backed up by the companies’ own fleet of trucks, ensuring uninterrupted flow of raw materials to each processing plant
- fully implemented HACCP and GMP programs
- the successful audit and certification by the American Institute of Baking, a rating organization widely accepted throughout North America, and by the British Retail Consortium, an organization whose accreditation is widely accepted in the United Kingdom and the EEC
- the high level of information technology throughout the company, which has helped attain a high degree of operation controls, management effectiveness and customer service, such as:
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, which fully integrates the company’s finance, manufacturing, physical logistics and marketing information databases, helping to improve management controls and decision making at all levels
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) software, fully computerizing laboratory operations in order to assist in maximizing control over production quality
Preventive Maintenance Planning System software, which helps plan all preventive maintenance activities in order to achieve a high degree of plant equipment reliability Human Resource Information Management System software, which unifies in one database all payroll and human resource information involving more than 1,800 company personnel, making possible better management of work productivity
- a fully racked and palletized Finished Goods Warehouse equipped with a ventilation system to provide ideal storage conditions, supported by a fully computerized system of tracking down production lot numbers, stock movements for proper storage, allocation to orders and shipping, providing unmatched product traceability
- a modern Techno Center housing modern laboratory facilities, the Technical Training Room, the Research and Development Center and the Equipment Calibration Center. The laboratories are fully equipped to conduct all standard physical, chemical and microbiological tests for process control and release of all finished goods
- an integrated Wastewater Treatment Plant using the latest Australian technology that ensures compliance with government regulatory standards
- an expanded Nut Storage Warehouse that assures proper and adequate storage of coconuts required for daily operations
To further enhance FBI’s and FFII’s reliability in bringing diversified processed food products to major destinations around the world, arrangement has been established with major shipping lines to load containers directly from the major international port in Mindanao island closest to Medina plant, Cagayan de Oro port.
This direct loading arrangement assures minimal delays in shipping, competitive rates and efficient planning and coordination with shipping lines that guarantee constant availability of food grade containers required and continuous cargo tracking from the factory to final destination. Soon, a newer international Mindanao Container Terminal will be operational to better service shipping needs.
Through all these undertakings, Fiesta Brands Inc. and Fresh Fruit Ingredients Inc. have truly become world-class.
A Dynamic Organization
Fiesta Brands Inc. and Fresh Fruit Ingredients Inc. believe that the people are its primary and most important resource. The highly trained workforce of managers, staff and technical personnel responsible for producing the companies’ award winning products are regarded as the heart and soul of the organization. These are the people who benefit from the dynamic organization with a human resource-centered policy that is focused on harnessing individual and collective creativity, continuous training and development, and growth.
A Commitment to Excellence
FBI and FFII continue to stride confidently into the global market, having gained the confidence of some of the most reputable names in the food industry and having developed over the years a distinctive reputation as a reliable supplier of premium processed coconut products that unfailingly reach the five major continents.
With resourcefulness and innovation, these companies will continue to improve every facet of operations, facing confidently, as before, all the challenges ahead.